Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss
Published December 2nd 2010 by Dutton Juvenile
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 372
Source: Library
Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Review by Shon 


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


So many people loved Anna and the French Kiss while I had such a strong dislike for it. There where a few jokes here and there that made me laugh.


Also there is a scene in the novel between Anna and her little brother Seany that made me laugh because they where playing with Star Wars action figure, that alone is worth one star.

But otherwise a lot of my feelings towards Anna and the French Kiss consist of intense dislike.

There were several times when I honestly had to put the book down and walk away for a while because I was getting so frustrated with the story and characters.

I'm just happy it over, and I have no wish to continue to read the rest of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment