Thursday, November 19, 2015

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater Book Review



Forever by Maggie Stiefvater 
Published July 12th 2011 by Scholastic Press
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Fiction, Supernatural, Paranormal
Page: 388
Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Review by: Tina


Synopsis

then.

When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their loved moved from curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.

That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.

Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment--a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.


Review

This is the last book to The Wolves of Mercy Falls series.
I loved. I laughed. I fangirl'd. My heart bled. My heart dropped. My heart stopped. A beautifully written piece of werewolf fiction.

In this book, Sam is forced to grow up quick and make real adult decisions. We learn that he uses music as a coping mechanism as he struggles to keep his fears at bay. We see through his eyes how he grew up in the wolf pack and managed to maintain his humanity.

We find Cole truly as a science genius (love!). There could be more of him and Isabel but his stories are fun to read.

Isabel is doing her best with her limitations as a supporting character. And plays an awesome friend to all.

Grace is pretty much stuck between two species; strong as a human and a wolf. But Sam and Grace together is an unstoppable force. The scenes of them playing and nipping each other as wolves, seeing their joy, your heart goes out to them.
I'm slightly disappointed with this book. The first half of the story was slow. It became exciting when the pieces fell together. I'm always thrilled for a story with a good wrap up but I wish there were more happy endings. I want a happily ever after. I want Grace to receive love from her parents. I want Sam to have more years with Beck. I want Isabel to shout at her parents from the top of her lungs how Jack died. Then the story would be complete for me. Like real life, pieces float in the air and you make your own ending in your head.

(See my review on Book 3.5 titled Sinner - this book is a more enjoyable read and you can fangirl all day long. A perfect ending.)

No comments:

Post a Comment