Thursday, October 1, 2015

Coffee Book Tag



This time, we are doing a book tag that includes two of our favorite things Books and Coffee!  We weren't tagged by anyone to do this, but we are going to do it anyways.  This tag was originally created by BangadyBanz.


1. Black: Name a series that's tough to get into but has hardcore fans.

  • Shon - Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
  • Tina - Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Wendy - Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin

2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.

  • Shon - A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  I saw a lot of people pick Harry Potter, but for me Harry Potter always remind me of fall.
  • Tina - The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm.
  • Wendy - My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins


3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children's book?

  • Shon - Anything by Dr. Seuss.  I had all the Dr. Seuss books as a child.
  • Tina - Arthur and Berenstain Bears
  • Wendy - The Very Hungry Caterpillar



4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.


  • Shon - The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski.  This is the second book in the The Winner's Trilogy, and I can't not wait till The Winner's Kiss come out in March 2016.
  • Tina - A Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Recently discovered, it took me a week to read all three books from start to finish.
  • Wendy - The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I'm already done with book 2. Waiting for book 3 which comes out in November.

5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.

  • Shon - Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.  This book was on everybody's blog.  Tina told me not to talk to her for two days while she read.
  • Tina - The Power of Six from I Am Number Four series by Pittacus Lore. I tried but couldn't get into the series.
  • Wendy - Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell



6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout

  • Shon - N/A
  • Tina - Andy Weir! Your book rocks! Quit your day job and write better books.
  • Wendy - Susan Ee 


7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.

  • Shon - I have two answers for this.  A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (see my review) and A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
  • Tina - the small fan-following books that seemed promising but were dull Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White and The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson.
  • Wendy - Looking for Alaska by John Green. I literally just couldn't keep reading. #sorrynotsorry 




8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.

  • Shon - Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.
  • Tina - Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor.
  • Wendy - I agree with Shon! VA all the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment