Monday, November 28, 2016

Manic Monday #1: Popular Young Adult Books

Manic Monday. . .


Hello Bookworms. It's another Monday morning. I was watching videos on YouTube this past weekend and I notice that a lot of Book Tuber have top 5 or 10 list. Which got me think, so I came up with this ideal to do my own list.  So every Monday, I will post a bookish list of things that are on my mind. 

This week list is, Popular Young Adult Books, that I just did not like or get.

1. Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer 


I did not understand why everybody love this series so much. I would like to blame age on why I did not like this series but, after doing the math I see that I was 20 something when I read this series. What Stephenie Meyer call vampires made me laugh out loud. She said they shine bright like a diamond in the sun. The story was over after that.

2.  Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth


I have seen this book on a lot of list. This is my WTF I'm reading book. People told me not to read the book but I did anyway.  I feel that this series was written by 3 different people or someone who suffering from multiple personality disorder.

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


So many people loved Anna and the French Kiss while I had such a strong dislike for it. There is a scene in the novel between Anna and her little brother that made me laugh because they where playing with Star Wars action figure. But otherwise a lot of my feelings towards Anna and the French Kiss consist of intense dislike. There were several times when I honestly had to put the book down and walk away for a while because I was getting so frustrated with the story and characters.

4. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas


Where do I begin. I think if I had just read the synopsis on Goodreads about this book instead of listening to others people opinions and review on this book. I would not have gone into this book with such high hopes and expectations.

People refer to this book as an Epic Fantasy. I read this book there was nothing epic or fantasy about it. It was nothing more then a contemporary romance novel.

The heroine in this novel was described as the world's best assassin. But to me she was nothing more than a whiny drama queen she was more concerned about how she look and the clothes she wore.

No comments:

Post a Comment