Sunday, December 27, 2015

Shon's Biggest Disappointments of 2015

I was over at Ready, Set, Read! and saw that she post her 10 Biggest Disappointments of 2015. This got me thinking about all the books that were a miss for me this year. 

So without further ado, here are my biggest disappointments of 2015.


Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout


The plot of Hello, I Love You sound interesting and very unique. (They had me at K-Pop). Sad to say that this book is not for K-Pop fans or anyone who is a fan of all things Hallyu.


I gave this 2 out of 5 stars









Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge


I had high hope for this book, the cover art was beautiful. Cruel Beauty was not what I expected it to be. The book was supposed to be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast but it was hard to get into the story. The characters were nothing special. The book wasn't really well written, in my opinion. I can not see myself continuing with the series.

I gave this 2 out of 5 stars





A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

Disappointed once again. A Darker Shade of Magic has so many good reviews, that after reading this book I felt let down by it. This book took me longer to finish than I would have like, simply because there was such much character and world building at the start of the book. At time I got bored with the story and had to put the book down. I will not continue with this series.

I gave this 2 out of 5 stars





Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

So many people loved Anna and the French Kiss while I had such a strong dislike for it. There were a few jokes here and there that made me laugh. There were several times when I honestly had to put the book down and walk away for a while because I was getting so frustrated with the story and characters. I'm just happy it is over, and I have no wish to continue to read the rest of this series.

I gave this 2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment