Friday, March 11, 2016

Wendy's Review on The Mara Dyer Trilogy






The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin

Published: November 3rd 2015 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Review by: Wendy











Synopsis of trilogy from Goodreads:

Experience the spine-tingling, bone-chilling, New York Times bestselling Mara Dyer trilogy, now available in one collectible boxed set.

Mara cannot remember anything about the night her friends did. All she knows is what she’s been told: they went to an abandoned asylum, the building collapsed, and only Mara survived.


Two months later, Mara is eager to move forward with her life in a new town, but that’s easier said than done. A boy at school named Noah Shaw seems to know more about Mara’s tragic past than she does. And to make matters worse, Mara is beginning to see people and things that can’t possibly be there. Or can they?


When Mara goes searching for answers, she discovers a secret about herself that is most unbecoming. A secret that promises a future full of destruction, pain, love, evolution, and ultimately, retribution.




Review:





Okay, so I have to admit this book was my favorite out of all three. Just WOW! I did not see that coming. I was definitely addicted to this book. It had everything from love, thriller, dark, betrayal, suspense, and QUOTES! like....


"Je t'aime. Aujourd'hui. Ce soir. Demain. Pour toujours. Si je vivais mille ans, je t'appartiendrais pour tous. Si je vivais mille vies, je te ferais mienne dans chacune d'elles." - I love you. Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever. If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If I were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.


If that doesn't send chills over your body then you must be reading it wrong. Haha :) I also came to like Jamie's role. But I wonder what happened to Stella. Overall one of my favorite trilogies!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you liked it Wendy! I'm interested in the series, but I've heard mixed things about the final novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gennifer! I can totally understand why people would have mix feelings, but I feel like this series wasn't just your typical love story. So don't be afraid to give it a try! :)

      Delete