Monday, May 9, 2016

Wendy's Review: Throne of Glass

Title / Author: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Published May 7th 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Children's
Page: 404
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy
Source: Bought, Amazon
Rating: 4 stars



Synopsis


"Nothing is a coincidence. Everything has a purpose. You were meant to come to this castle, just as you were meant to be an assassin."

When magic has gone from the world, and a vicious king rules from his throne of glass, an assassin comes to the castle. She does not come to kill, but to win her freedom. If she can defeat twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition to find the greatest assassin in the land, she will become the King's Champion and be released from prison.

Her name is Celaena Sardothien.

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her.

And a princess from a foreign land will become the one thing Celaena never thought she'd have again: a friend.

But something evil dwells in the castle—and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying, horribly, one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival—and a desperate quest to root out the source of the evil before it destroys her world.

MY REVIEW/THOUGHTS


So, to be honest I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book only because I was quick to judge the book cover. Shame on me. But as I kept reading I got attached to some of the characters. (I will say though there are A LOT of names that I kept getting confused.) We have Celaena, who is obviously an assassin but deep inside she's a softy. Captain Chaol Westfall, who I adore and hope to read more about in book two. The prince Dorian, who I have a hate/love relationship with ( don't want to give any spoilers...). Nehemia, who I would want as a BFF. Lady Kaltain, whom I would want to stay away from....far...far...away, along with Duke Perrington. I can see the love triangle, but that's ok because it's two different types of relationships with two different definitions of love. Like a love/hate relationship :). I'm also intrested to see how magic is involved with the story. Overall I enjoyed the book and can't wait to begin the 2nd book!

2 comments:

  1. Great review. And I understand what you mean about character names. It's been a while since I've read the first book so I need to hurry up and pick up the second book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😊 Im reading book 2 too! Yes hurry so we can chit chat about book 2!

      Delete