Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Reviews: Our Dark Duet



Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2)
Written by Victoria Schwab
Published June 13th 2017 by Greenwillow Books
Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult
Page: 510
Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Review by: Tina
 

Click here to see the review on
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1)


Synopsis

There were two kinds of monsters, the kind that hunted the streets and the kind that lived in your head. She could fight the first, but the second was more dangerous. It was always, always, always a step ahead.


Review

I die.


The week leading up to the release I've seen twitter messages to VE congratulating and fangirling Our Dark Duet. Let me tell you, this is everything I heard it'd be and more. This is my absolute favorite series from Victoria Schwab. I cannot gush enough.

The story begins six months from the time Kate or August separates. Kate is now a kick ass monster hunter (like Buffy) and August rises to become a leader, taking over Leo's role as captain of FTF (like a war hero).

The story is action packed and chock full of emotions and heart. I just want to sob after the last page - all the trials that led up to that final moment, my heart broke. August, who has been struggling with his humanity, finds it in Kate and Kate was unyielding in her purpose and strength. I love both characters so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment