Monday, June 26, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #76: Best Books You've Read In 2017 So Far



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Best Books You've Read In 2017 So Far. 

SHON'S PICK


1. Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare 
In a kingdom by the sea…

In a secret world where half-angel warriors are sworn to fight demons, parabatai is a sacred word.

A parabatai is your partner in battle. A parabatai is your best friend. Parabatai can be everything to each other—but they can never fall in love.







2. Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2) by Cassandra Clare
Emma Carstairs has finally avenged her parents. She thought she’d be at peace. But she is anything but calm. Torn between her desire for her parabatai Julian and her desire to protect him from the brutal consequences of parabatai relationships, she has begun dating his brother, Mark. But Mark has spent the past five years trapped in Faerie; can he ever truly be a Shadowhunter again?




3. Strong Enough by Melanie Harlow and David Romanov
I wasn’t looking for Derek Wolfe.

I wasn’t looking for anybody. All I wanted was to start a new life in America. But when I found myself stranded here with no place to go, he came to my rescue, offering me a place to stay.

He’s smart, successful, and sexy as hell—I can barely sleep knowing he’s right down the hall. And when the chemistry between us explodes one night with fierce, fiery passion, it’s hard to deny there’s something real there. . .

But he does.


 


WENDY'S PICK

 
4. The Diabolic (The Diabolic #1) by S.J. Kincaid  


5. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare


6. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare

TINA'S PICK

7. A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J. Maas


8. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (Monsters of Verity #2)

The story is action packed and chock full of emotions and heart.  Great characters and complex story. I just want to sob when it was over.

9. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

This is such a sweet cute book. It's completely a feel good read. It's a little sarcastic but also witty and warm. It's short and to the point.

10. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Such a fun read! It started off reminding me of 13 Reasons Why then slowly the story unravels.  I love how the story revolves around music. It gives a magical essence and very uplifting.

18 comments:

  1. So much love for the Shadowhunter world! I have loved every book Clare has written in this world. I love seeing others feeling the same! And Simon vs. is one I read this year too and absolutely loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Mortal Instruments series and need to start the Infernal Devices series. I've heard it is even better than the original series.

    My TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all excellent! Hope you get to enjoy them this year!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I'm glad to hear that ODD and ACOWAR are good as I have those to read.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/top-ten-tuesday-113/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us know your thoughts on Our Dark Duet :D! Really enjoyed this one!

      Delete
  4. I've never read a Clare book. And This Song Will Save Your Life I heard is really good. I wanted to read that one... I like the music angle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Almost all of these are actually on my TBR. :) Here’s my T10T for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought the Lady Midnight series and I can't wait to dive into it!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added Strong Enough to my TBR, it sounds good. I also really should read The Diabolic and This Some Will Save Your Life.

    Great list!

    (Iridescence from https://lightuptheshiningnightstars.wordpress.com )(usual commenting problem with WordPress ID 🙄)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't gotten around to picking up The Dark Artifices series, but I've been seeing it around everywhere. I'm definitely going to need to check those ones out.

    I bought Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda recently and I can't wait to read it. Everyone seems to have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely not regret that decision! Happy reading

      Delete
  10. Every time I see The Diabolic on a list, I'm reminded that one piqued my interest when it first came out. At some point I'll have to pick it up because it does sound interesting! :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a very unique storyline. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete