Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Shon Review: True Colors by Anyta Sunday

Title / Author: True Colors by Anyta Sunday
Published: March 14, 2017
Genres: Contemporary, M/M Romance
Source: Review Copy
Series: True Love
Rating: 1.5 stars

Synopsis

Oskar used to be Marco’s best friend. His everything. His sunshine yellow.

But that was before. Before Marco stopped being a hot jock. Before he learned to live with scars and pain. And before Oskar tore their friendship apart.

Now the boy next door has returned home, determined to rekindle his friendship with Marco, and Marco’s more afraid than ever. Afraid of getting hurt. Afraid of being humiliated.

Afraid of falling in love.

Can Oskar find a way through Marco’s fear, back into his heart?

True Colors is an enemies to lovers, boy next door, first time, slow burn M/M romance with a generous helping of LUST. This no-cliffhanger, HEA book can be read as a standalone.



 

My Thoughts. . .

Not a big fan of how the book started. It had three different beginnings and each one less interesting than the previous one.

As I read, I find myself intrigued. I'm curious as to what happened between our two main characters. I find myself thinking of all the things that could have happened to drive these two best friends so far apart.

Wait! They're not talking to each other because Oskar made fun of Marco's scars, burns and bruise on his body from the accident? I must say I'm a little disappointed right now.

Okay, I finally got the whole story. Kids can be so cruel.

WTF! Why are they outside? Marco has an apartment. So why are they outside on a frozen lake! Out all the places, they could have pick to make out, they pick a frozen lake. I'm so over this book.

You've got to be kidding me. Once again I say that Marco has an apartment so please tell me why! They first time they have sex is at Oskar's parents house with his parents and his little sister home?

That's how Marco coming out to everyone. Now I'm really over this book.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! This is surprising... and disgusted. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete