Wednesday, June 7, 2017

"Waiting On" Wednesday / Can't-Wait Wednesday #34: Our Dark Duet

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking The Spine.



Title: Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2)
Author: Victoria Schwab 
Publisher:  Greenwillow Books

Expected publication: June 13, 2017
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult

Kate Harker is a girl who isn’t afraid of the dark. She’s a girl who hunts monsters. And she’s good at it. August Flynn is a monster who can never be human, no matter how much he once yearned for it. He’s a monster with a part to play. And he will play it, no matter the cost.

Nearly six months after Kate and August were first thrown together, the war between the monsters and the humans is terrifying reality. In Verity, August has become the leader he never wished to be, and in Prosperity, Kate has become the ruthless hunter she knew she could be. When a new monster emerges from the shadows—one who feeds on chaos and brings out its victim’s inner demons—it lures Kate home, where she finds more than she bargained for. She’ll face a monster she thought she killed, a boy she thought she knew, and a demon all her own.




What are you waiting for this Wednesday?  Let us know in the comment section below.

-Shon 

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read Savage Song yet, but this sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic book! I'm completely obsessed with it.

      Delete
  2. That is an epic blurb, EPIC! Shall have to look this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way it sounds. Guess I will have to check out book 1 now. :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. Book 1 was fast paced and I fell into its world completely. First VE Schwab book and I'm in love!

      Delete
  4. Oh, YESSSSS!!! I can't wait for this one, either!! Of course I do have to read "This Savage Song" first, lol. But yeah, I'm adding this one to my Goodreads shelves right away!! I didn't know there was a sequel coming already, so thanks for the heads up!!

    Thanks as well for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete