Monday, April 8, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday | Outrageous Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books






Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic: Outrageous Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books (i.e. skip meals, camped outside a bookstore, broke up with someone because they don’t like books, etc...)

Hahaha... yeah these are true situations...

1. I've requested vacation time months in advance in anticipation for a book release (so I can stay home for the week and consume the book).
2. I've called out sick the next day when I couldn't put down a book the night before.
3. I've read 48 hours straight on a weekend with only a few minutes of rest in between bathroom and water breaks.
4. I've read pages while waiting at a stop light.
5. I'd buy an audiobook just to play it during my shower then switch back to the book when I get out of the shower.
6. I've gone to work the next day without sleeping only to read again the following night and attend work sleepless the following day.
7. I'd read a book at a very fast pace just to finish the book before everyone else in case of fans spoiling it on social media.
8. I would stay off social media the week before and during an anticipated book release.
9. If a friend disagrees with the overall opinion of a book, we would not speak with each other for weeks.
10. If a friend likes the movie over the book, we would not speak to each other for weeks. 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I try to avoid social media for spoiler reasons sometimes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's done the requesting time off for video game releases, which always makes me giggle. I'm lucky where I work flex hours, so I can just double up on work before the release day and take the day off when I want. xD Reading 48 hours straight is pretty dang impressive. I've never been able to manage that, regardless of how much I love a book.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty hilarious since I definitely can relate xD
      To be honest, I've only done that once, while the other times I've fallen asleep smack on my book lol

      Delete
  3. I've been tempted to call in sick, but have never actually done it. The nice thing about Kindle books is that I can read them on my break, my lunch break, walking to the car, sneaking a quick reading break...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy audiobooks sometimes too just so that I can still read when I"m doing other things because a book is so good. Great list!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete