Saturday, November 14, 2015

Shon Reviews Gossip Girl

Title / Author: Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar 
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Year Published: January 2002
Rating: 3.5/5 stars


Synopsis

Welcome to New York City’s Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep—sometimes with each other.

S is back from boarding school, and if we aren’t careful, she’s going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn’t fit into, steal our boyfriends’ hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I’ll be watching closely . . .

You know you love me,

gossip girl 




My Review

I would not call this a review, but more of an opinion.  So, last week I read Gossip Girl for my Pop Sugar 2015 Reading Challenge (A book based on or turned into a TV show).  It has been years since I last watched Gossip Girl but reading this book made me want to re-watch season 1 over again. There are some parts of the book that I remember from the TV show, like the part when Dan saved Jenny from Chuck at the party when he was about to force himself on her. 

First off, there is a lot more drinking and drug use in the book than there were in the TV show.  Nate is high during the whole book. ("Nate had gotten stoned pretty much every day since he was eleven") Second, the story, correction, what story.  

Spoiler alert! 

Blair mad at Serena.  Because of Serena losing her virginity to Blair's boyfriend, Nate, and her being totally oblivious to the fact that Blair is mad at her.  If you want to call that a story or plot. Another thing I did not like in the book was that Blair throwing up her food all the time, there was never some sort of reason why she was doing.

I could not tell who the narrator was. At one time I thought the story was told from Gossip Girl point of view.  I was so confused, I still am. 

All in all, the book was okay, it was not well-written and the story was not even that good. But for some reason I want to read another just out of curiosity.


You know you love me,

xoxo

Shon

No comments:

Post a Comment