Monday, January 23, 2017

Manic Monday #7: Favorite Opening Line

Hello bookworms. It's Monday again. And I'm back what another bookish lists. Last week was the first Beat The Back List Instagram challenge. One of the challenges was to pick your favorite opening line. This got me to thinking about all my favorite opening lines, of course I only pick one for the photo but there's so many good ones out there I decide to do a bookish list of all my favorite ones. 

 “Today was the day a thousand dreams would die and a single dream would be born.” – The Kiss of Deception, by Mary. E. Pearson


 
“Looking back, none of this would have happened if I’d brought lip gloss the night of the Homecoming Dance.” – Rebel Belle, by Rachel Hawkins




 “It has been sixty-four years since the president and the Consortium identified love as a disease, and forty-three since the scientists perfected a cure.” –Delirium by Lauren Oliver







“The screw through Cinder’s ankle had rusted, the engraved cross marks worn to a mangled circle.” Cinder by Marissa Meyer




“Joost had two problems: the moon and his mustache.”Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo




Let us know in the comments down below what are some of your favorite opening lines. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment