Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #57: Top Ten Books I Read Before I Was a Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Read Before I Was a Blogger. (FREEBIE WEEK)

Books Shon Read Before She Was a Blogger 

1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
I was coming off a book hangover. (This was before I knew what a book hangover was). I remember  the cast of Twilight being on the cover of EW. Somewhere in the article, it said that  Twilight was the next Harry Potter. And since I was coming off my Harry Potter high I decided to pick this book up. Oh boy!!! Was I disappointed!

2.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I was a little late to the Hunger Games party. I did not read The Hunger Game trilogy until a month before Mockingjay, Part 1 came out. 

3. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
I had to, everybody and their grandmother was reading this book.


The next four books on my list are books that Wendy and/or her cousin, Leslie, made me read because they were super excited that the movies where coming out. I'm a type of person, that once I start a book, I like to finish it. (Unless it's really really bad). I read both the Vampire Academy and The Mortal Instruments series. Both Wendy and Leslie stop reading VA. And I'm not sure if Wendy ever picked up the Mortal Instruments series (which I did buy her the complete set for Christmas couple years back).

4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  

6. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

7. Divergent by Veronica Roth


Books Tina Read Before She Was a Blogger

8. Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
I asked Shon for a book recommendation, this is what she gave me off her tbr back in 2012. I'm so grateful to her and I can't imagine reading a fantasy as good as this series. The writing and world building is just amazing.

9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I don't remember how I came across this book but I know it was published in the same year as DOS&B. And I was looking for a fantasy/dystopia novel.

10. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
This was also read before blogging and goodreads. I was late to the game and the series was already at book 3. I knew it'd be good from seeing rave reviews, I just didn't think I'd get hooked. But I love badass heroines and that is my weakness.








What are some of the books you read before you were a blogger? Let us know in the comments down below.





8 comments:

  1. Cool topic! I think I read most of those before I started blogging as well, although I still haven't read Fifty Shades of Grey yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green!!


    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-freebie-top-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I listen to them and read the book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. What a fun topic idea, and lots of good books! Series that I still think about that I read before I started blogging include Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and the Old Kingdom series (beginning with Sabriel) by Garth Nix. I just looked back to check - I started blogging a year and a bit before Half-Blood Prince was published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Garth Nix series is also on our tbr list! So many wonderful fantasy series out there...

      Delete
  4. I read The Hunger Games before I was a blogger but all the other books I've read on here, I read and reviewed for the blog!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-93/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we readed more books before we where blogger. Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading!

      Delete