Monday, January 30, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #58: Top Ten Favorite Graphic Novels/Comics





Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Graphic Novels/Comics or Ten Comics on My TBR or Top Ten Favorite Picture Books

Shon's Favorite Mangas

Bleach by Tite Kubo 

Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino

Skip Beat! by Yoshiki Nakamura

Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori 

Love Stage!! by Eiki Eiki


 

Tina's Favorite Mangas

Nana by Ai Yazawa // So bittersweet and heart breaking. You can't read this without tears streaming down your face from laughter or crying bitterly for love gone awry.

 


Kare Kano by Masami Tsuda // This girl excels at everything, the only thing she hasn't experienced is love; and she will strive to excel at that too. Love the humor. Great slice of life story.



Basara by Yumi Tamura // Such a badass epic fantasy. Always down for a good girl-disguise-as-boy-to-fight-in-a-war story.



Red River by Chie Shinohara // Girl gets dragged into the water and goes back into time (in Turkey? Anatonia?). Another great epic fantasy. I fail to finish the story.



20th Century Boys by Naoki Urasawa // Back in the days, I read tons of shonen comics. This is one of my loves. Why? Mostly because it has such a huge cult following. Anything written by Urasawa is darn amazing. The in depth stories, the complex layers, and world building is out of this world. Want to be my Tomodachi?


What are your favorite mangas/manhwas? Please share with us in the comments below.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these (yet) but I do have 20th Century Boys on hold at the library based on a friend's recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. There is so much good manga out there. Vampire Knight looks like it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good but if you don't have time to read all 19 volume. Try watching the anime there was all 13 episodes.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I loved Vampire Knight ❤
    I've wanted to check out Host Club for awhile. I just in the past year been getting more into manga, comics, and graphic novels. I use to watch a lot of Anime but not so much read it. Great list! Found some good ones to add to my TBR. Thanks!
    -Amanda @ Hearts Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Tina and I love Host Club we got Wendy to watch the anime last month and she really enjoyed it. If you're looking for more manga to read you should email Tina. Because it was Tina who introduced me to Manga and Anime and she's very good at recommending both.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I've liked what I've watched of Ouran High School Host Club, maybe I should try the manga. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. All new to me manga books!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-eleven-coffee-table.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do decide to read one I recommend starting with Skip Beat.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I did not do a list today for myself, I asked my daughter if she wanted to help and list her favorite books!
    I never read a comic book.So The only ones I read were the VA and Percy Jackson graphic novels. But we did something a little different. Allyson added some comics she read on her list.
    Also check out our easy to enter Valentine's giveaway!



    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer manga & graphic novels over comics.

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  7. Great list! I really need to pick up these anime series!


    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleach, Vampire Knight, Skip Beat, Host Club, Love Stage and Nana might be my favorite anime.

      Delete
  8. Good list, I also liked Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club and Kare Kano.

    ReplyDelete