Monday, February 13, 2017

Manic Monday #9: I’m In A Reading Slump




Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. As a booknerd, I'm sure we have all been there. You want to read, but you don't know which book to read, you have zero concentration. It is so frustrating! I even tried picking up a book I've already read thinking it could help me get out of my slump. But no such luck.
 

Maybe you're thinking hey don't worry just wait out the slump and get back to reading in a week or two. That is a problem. My Goodreads reading challenge for this year is to read 85 books. I am already 8 books behind schedule. In the past 43 days I have read one book. Oh, how I remember August where I read 13 book. That seems like a lifetime ago.



Anyway, back to the problem at hand: I’m in a slump and I’m not sure how to get out of it. I have a few options. One is picking the book up that I’m reading and forcing myself to finish it.  I could also wait out the slump, but that isn’t really an option, because then I could wait forever. Another option is rereading a book I already read, loved, and fangirled over (I have been considering rereading (Catching Fire). 


Maybe you can help me out? If you have any tips on how to get out of a slump, please let me know by leaving a comment. 


Happy Reading!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment